- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 lbs), cut into 8 pieces and breasts halved crosswise
- 2 fennel bulbs, fronds removed, bulbs cut into wedges
- 4 shallots, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 3 T EVOO
- 2 T cider vinegar
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 Gala or Fuji apples, cored and quartered
Preheat oven to 450 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds. On two rimmed baking sheets, arrange chicken, fennel, shallots and sage. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar and drizzle over chicken and vegetables. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Roast 35 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Add apples to sheets and roast until fennel is browned and chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes more.
per serving: 567 cal; 31.3 g fat (7.2 g sat fat); 43.9 g protein; 27.7 g carbs; 5.7 g fiber.