Monday, April 29, 2013

Meal Plan: April 29 - May 4

The farmers market opens on Saturday!!!!  I can hardly wait.  Since we made such an effort to ski every weekend, I never made it to any of the winter markets.  I miss my farmer friends.  Along with the onset of market season comes my annual purge of pantry and freezer items.  You'll see what I mean.

Monday:  Tom Kar Gai soup, or at least a version or it, with leftover chicken, coconut milk, a random can of hearts of palm and some fish and chilli sauces that are nearing their birthdays. It's really good.

Tuesday:  Chicken salad in homemade pitas with Romain lettuce

Wednesday:  Pork Chop Pizziaola with pasta.  We'll see how this goes.  It will use some pork chops I've had since we bought our 1/4 pig in October and our store of frozen tomates.

Thursday:  Mystery Block of frozen chili-looking substance over rice with some sauteed shredded zucchini.

Friday:  Taco Night!

Saturday:  Pasticcio (or lasagna with beschamel instead of ricotta) using the leftover pork and tomato sauce.

Sunday:  Some manner of roasted, fried or grilled chicken and vegetable sides from Saturday's market.  Suggestions welcome.

1 comment:

  1. We all love this:
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Oven-Roasted-Chicken-Thighs-with-Carrots-and-Yukon-Gold-Potatoes-351711

    ReplyDelete